Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help people in need!
Your time, talent and passion can be used to help families in need in your community. Please see our volunteer opportunities below, or contact Harriet at 412-408-3830 x 3204.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations
Check our calendar for 2018 NHCO Volunteer Orientations
Many employers match volunteer time or financial donations!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING FOR FLOOD CLEANUP EFFORTS :
PLEASE CALL OUR Flood Volunteer hotline at 412-408-3830 x 3218 and leave your name and phone number. Someone will call you back as soon as possible with details about volunteer coordination efforts and needs.
Please see Tetanus Guidelines for information about tetanus and floodwaters. NHCO does not require volunteers to have a tetanus shot; however, when working in flood cleanup areas a current tetanus shot is highly recommended.
BELOW ARE OUR CURRENT NEEDS:
- Volunteer drivers and ride-along dispatchers are needed for our Free Rides for Seniors shuttles in the communities of the Route 28 corridor. No special license is needed, shifts are short, and we will train! Please contact Kerry or Tracy for more information at 412-449-0151.
Volunteer Opportunities at NHCO
Volunteering for NHCO is mission focused: every opportunity is meant to help someone in need, either directly or indirectly.
Below is a list of areas where volunteers often provide their services. Please note that not every area or opportunity will be available at the time of your inquiry. If a specific volunteer opportunity or time is not available for you, we will try to suggest other organizations that might be a better fit.
- General volunteering: Please contact NHCO Volunteer Coordinator Harriet Klatte at 412-408-3830 x 3204 for more information or to volunteer.
- Garden and Youth volunteers: Please contact Alyssa Crawford at 412-307-0069 x 3311.
- Our In Service of Seniors and Free Rides for Seniors programs always need volunteers. Register here, or contact Nancy Jones at 412-307-0069 x 3321.
Some other opportunities:
- Special Events and Fundraisers
- Citrus Sale
- Senior Programs
- Garden and Groundskeeping
- Office Support
- Food Pantry
Please review our Volunteer Handbook online. This handbook serves as a reference to help you understand why and how NHCO incorporates volunteers. It explains requirements, fosters understanding of our policies and procedures, answers questions volunteers often ask, and demonstrates how our volunteers are integral members of the NHCO team. If you have questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Harriet Klatte.