Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help people in need! Please see our volunteer opportunities below, or contact Harriet at 412-408-3830 x 3204.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations
Check our calendar for 2018 NHCO Volunteer Orientations
Many employers match volunteer time or financial donations!
BELOW ARE OUR MOST URGENT NEEDS:
- Bell Ringers: NHCO is a Salvation Army unit. The kettles are a HUGE fundraiser for NHCO but we need people to fill the shifts. (No one staffing the kettles = no donations.) Great for teens, civic groups, etc! Click here to register for shifts at Walmart Gibsonia or Kuhn’s Market on Ferguson Nov 21- Dec 24..
- To ring bells at Kuhn’s Market, 2412 Ferguson Road in Allison Park, click here.
- To ring bells at Walmart in Gibsonia, click here.
- Volunteer drivers and ride-along dispatchers are urgently needed for our Free Rides for Seniors shuttles in the communities of the Route 28 corridor. No special license is needed, shifts are short, and we will train! Please contact Kerry or Tracy for more information at 412-449-0151.
- Safety for Seniors volunteers: Great for civic and corporate groups as well as individuals. Local seniors have requested home safety checks. Volunteers check for fall and fire hazards and install smoke detectors or change batteries. Items like nonslip bath mats, reachers and baking soda for grease fire are provided for volunteers to give seniors. For more information, visit our Volunteer to Help Seniors page, or contact Cathy at 412-307-0069 x 3313.
Volunteer Opportunities at NHCO
Volunteering for NHCO is mission focused: opportunities are meant to help someone in need, either directly or indirectly.
Below is a list of areas where volunteers often provide their services. Please note that not every area or opportunity will be available at the time of your inquiry. If a specific volunteer opportunity or time is not available for you, we will try to suggest other organizations that might be a better fit.
- General volunteering: Please contact NHCO Volunteer Coordinator Harriet Klatte at 412-408-3830 x 3204 for more information or to volunteer.
- Garden and Youth volunteers: Please contact Alyssa Crawford at 412-307-0069 x 3311.
- Our In Service of Seniors and Free Rides for Seniors programs always need volunteers. Register here, or contact Nancy Jones at 412-307-0069 x 3321.
Some other opportunities:
- Special Events and Fundraisers
- Citrus Sale
- Senior Programs
- Garden and Groundskeeping
- Office Support
- Food Pantry
Please review our Volunteer Handbook online. This handbook serves as a reference to help you understand why and how NHCO incorporates volunteers. It explains requirements, fosters understanding of our policies and procedures, answers questions volunteers often ask, and demonstrates how our volunteers are integral members of the NHCO team. If you have questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Harriet Klatte.