“People Helping People” is our motto. At North Hills Community Outreach we address the needs of people in crisis, hardship and poverty in Northern Allegheny County. And one of the ways we do this is through our eight sharing projects. Throughout the year, we collect items donated by generous members of our community that we distribute to those less fortunate. In other words, these collections are a way for people to help other people.
Personal Care Collection, Feb.17 – April 20
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits cannot be used to purchase personal care items. These items are a necessity, and can be an expense that many low-income families cannot afford. NHCO collects these items and gives them to families and individuals who use our food pantries.
Suggested items include:
- Shampoo, soap and shower gel (unscented is best)
- Body lotion (unscented is best) and lip balm
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream and disposable razors
- Toothpaste, mouthwash and toothbrushes
- Washcloths and shower poufs
Personal care items and toiletries donations are accepted year round and are especially needed in March and April.
Please be sure to fill out a donation slip when you drop off your items…not only does the slip serve as a thank you and for your tax record, but it is extremely important for our record keeping!
FOUR EASY WAYS YOU CAN DONATE FOOD or ITEMS!
- NHCO’s offices are open 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday.
- We have special donation times on the FIRST Saturday morning of each month from 9am-noon in our Allison Park pantry behind the main building.
- You may call 412-487-6316 opt 1 to make alternative arrangements as available.
- Or you can donate at other locations in the community.
We respectfully request that items not be left outside due to potential damage from weather, animals and insects.