NHCO’s Transportation Assistance program offers several ways to help local people in need meet and overcome transportation challenges.
- you must live in NHCO’s service area of NORTHERN Allegheny County, NORTH of the City of Pittsburgh and
- your income must be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level guidelines (except for matching funds for car purchase, see below)
As funds allow, NHCO can provide one-time assistance for vehicle ownership expenses, transportation expenses or limited matching funds for vehicle purchase.
HELP WITH VEHICLE EXPENSES
- Vehicle Purchase (limited matching funds, if available)
- Gas Cards
- AAA Memberships
- Car Seats
- Insurance payment
HELP WITH TRANSPORTATION EXPENSES
- CONNECT cards for public transportation
- Ride share for job interview, to get to a job, or other necessary appointment.
HELP WITH MATCHING FUNDS FOR VEHICLE PURCHASE
When funds allow, NHCO can provide limited matching funds if you plan to buy a vehicle that you need to get to work. To qualify for matching funds for vehicle purchase, potential recipients must:
- be at or below 250% of federal income poverty guidelines (for matching funds for purchasing a car. For all other assistance, you must be at 150% or below)
- be working 25+ hours per week or promise of job offer in hand
- live in NHCO’s service area of northern Allegheny County north of the City of Pittsburgh
Please note that you must live in NORTHERN Allegheny County NORTH of the City of Pittsburgh to qualify for this program. If you need Transportation Assistance, or would like more details, please call 412-408-3830 extension 3225 or email Dan at email@example.com .
***If you are struggling and would like some help setting goals, our Pathways Program could help. ***
OTHER TRANSPORTATION RESOURCES:
Hebrew Free Loan Association of Pittsburgh – interest-free loans for life expenses on a nonsectarian basis
Ways to Work – low interest car loans
Traveler’s Aid Society – transportation resources for stranded or low-income people
Don’t have a vehicle to donate? You can help families in need by making a financial donation to NHCO. Thank you!