Spring Dinner Food Collection
North Hills Community Outreach collects food items to make a complete Spring Dinner to give to each of the families who use our pantries.
Please bring items to NHCO Allison Park or NHCO North Boroughs, Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm, or call 412-487-6316 for alternate arrangements.
Here is complete list of items needed: (Distribution date changes each year. Collection is generally January through mid-March).
- Jar of applesauce
- Can of fruit cocktail or pineapple: slices or chunks
- Box of instant potatoes: mashed or scalloped
- Package of “brown and serve” dinner rolls* or biscuit mix
- Pound of butter or margarine*
*We have a walk-in freezer to store these items until the pantry distribution.
Families will also receive a canned vegetable, a dessert mix and a grocery gift card so they can purchase a ham, chicken or other item to round out their meal.
Click here for a downloadable PDF flier.
FOUR EASY WAYS YOU CAN DONATE FOOD or ITEMS!
- NHCO’s offices are open 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday.
- We have special donation times on the FIRST Saturday morning of each month from 9am-noon in our Allison Park pantry behind the main building.
- You may call 412-487-6316 opt 1 to make alternate arrangements as available.
- Or you can donate at other locations in the community.
We respectfully request that items not be left outside due to potential damage from weather, animals and insects.