Every summer, we collect new backpacks and school supplies and share them hundreds of local children in need in August. Donations are needed for all ages from preschool through high school. Gift cards for school clothing also are appreciated in June and July. Hold a collection and help local kids start school right!
FOUR EASY WAYS YOU CAN DONATE ITEMS!
- NHCO’s offices are open 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday.
- We have special donation times on the FIRST Saturday morning of each month from 9am-noon in our Allison Park pantry behind the main building.
- You may call 412-487-6316 opt 1 to make alternate arrangements as available.
- Or you can donate at other locations in the community.
We especially need:
- New backpacks
- Colored pencils
- 24-pack Crayons
- Glue sticks
- Highlighters and markers
- Loose-leaf paper
- Pencils/mechanical pencils
- Pencil boxes and sharpeners
- Pocket folders
- TI graphing calculators for advanced high school science and math (Texas Instruments). These can be gently used, as long as they are working.
Please note that our offices are open 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday. Occasionally we have extra donation hours on a Saturday morning or a weekday evening. Please call 412-487-6316 opt 1 to ask about special donation hours or to arrange a special drop off time on an evening or on a weekend. We respectfully request that items not be left outside due to potential damage from weather, animals and insects.