Are you trying to set a goal, but need some help?
- Are you out of work, working below your potential or want to get an education?
- Do you earn less than you need to live?
- Are there roadblocks keeping you from getting ahead?
Our Pathways program* helps you make and achieve goals. Some people want to get a job, other want to get an education. Some have other goals. People can be enrolled in this free program for as long as it takes to become self-sufficient!
(*also called Self-Sufficiency, Case Management, Family Development)
The Pathways program helps you achieve stability. We work with you over time, rather than just with immediate issues.
Our goal is to help you recognize your strengths and build upon them. Together, we work on reaching your goals at your own pace.
You might qualify for our Pathways program if you:
- live in northern Allegheny County north the City of Pittsburgh and
- live in a household whose total income is no more than 125% of the Federal Income Poverty Guidelines and
- are at least 18 years old
NHCO can help you
- figure out what your strengths are and what stands in your way
- create a plan to reach your goals
- overcome the roadblocks between you and your goal
How do we help?
You will meet one on one with a service coordinator and get support, guidance and personal encouragement. We will give you referrals to other sources of help.
- We help you create your own long- and short-term goals and action plans.
- We help you gain access to the services and resources you need to achieve your goals.
- We help you gain skills and knowledge that will empower you to become self-reliant.
- We provide encouragement and support. We will be your coach, your cheerleader, whatever you need!
What do you have to do?
- Identify a goal.
- Work with an NHCO service coordinator to create a plan to achieve your goal.
- Keep regular monthly one-on-one contact.
- Follow through on your plan to achieve your goal! When you meet your goal, you will be on your way to becoming self-reliant. We will be with you each step of the way.
To enroll or get more information, contact the nearest NHCO office or call the service coordinators listed below. Appointments are available now at Millvale and North Boroughs offices AND at Focus on Renewal in McKees Rocks!
Call Abby at NHCO North Boroughs 412-307-0069, Nicole at NHCO Millvale 412-408-3830 or Abby at McKees Rocks in the Focus on Renewal office, 412-331-1685.
If you have friends who could use this free service, please tell them about it!
This program is funded in part by a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.