- WorkAble is a free employment counseling and career mentoring program that helps unemployed adults find and maintain income-adequate employment.
- WorkAble connects unemployed adults with a professional career counselor who assesses their skills, employment needs, and barriers to employment. Volunteer career mentors provide support and one-on-one training for resume writing, job searching, interview skills and more.
- WorkAble offers workshops and a JobsBlast email that lists known job openings in the area.
- WorkAble is available to all residents of Allegheny County.
- WorkAble is a United Way-funded partnership of North Hills Community Outreach, South Hills Interfaith Movement and Jewish Family & Community Services.
For more information call NHCO at 412-408-3830 ext. 3217 or email Jackie: firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact WorkAble at 412-904-5993.
To qualify, you must be at or below 300% of the federal income poverty guidelines. ***
Career Services (Workshops, etc)
Please call 412-408-3830 x 3217 to learn about upcoming workshop offerings.
Workshop topics include: Resumes & Cover Letters, Job Search Strategies, The Art of Networking, Interviewing 101
***If you are struggling, are unemployed or underemployed, and would like some help setting goals, our Pathways Program could help. ***
Check out other organizations that help people find employment. See our list of online job search sites, staffing firms, resources for individuals with a disability or criminal record and affordable places to get business attire. For other resources not related to employment, check out our resources page.