NHCO relies extensively on donations of goods and services from caring community groups and individuals. To donate items or services, contact Cheryl at 412-487-6316, opt. 1.
*If you are shopping online for items, please consider shopping through AmazonSmile, iGive or Goodshop. When you name NHCO as your charity of choice, retailers will donate a portion of the price of your eligible purchases to NHCO!
Please not we will note be accepting these items while we are closed between Friday, March 20 with a tentative reopen date of Monday, March 30th.
Urgently needed items:
- Plastic, paper and re-usable grocery bags.
- Snacks such as granola bars, nutrigrain bars, and crackers.
- Fruit juice
- Canned mixed fruit (cocktail), peaches, pears, mandarin oranges
- Canned carrots, potatoes, baked beans
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Side dishes such as; rice-a-roni and instant mashed potatoes
- Hamburger/tuna/chicken helper boxes
- Toilet paper
- Gallon ziplock bags
- Paper towels
Priority and Office items
- Spring loaded baby gate
- Plastic/paper/cloth bags for our food pantries
- Colored paper – 8.5 x 11, any and all colors
- Straw bales
- Garden gloves
- Seed packets
- First aid kits
- New batteries (D, C, AA, AAA, 9v)
- Metal Folding Commercial Clothes Racks (For our sharing projects)
Personal Care Collection, Feb. 17 – April 20
Suggested items are listed below. You can also visit our Amazon Wish List.
- Shower gel or bar soap (unscented preferred)
- New wash cloth or loofa
- Body lotion (unscented preferred)
- Dental floss
- Disposable razors
Food Pantry items
- Fresh fruits and vegetables from your garden/market are welcome!
- Cereals — especially oatmeal, whole grain cereals, Raisin Bran, shredded wheat, etc.
- Fruit juice and juice boxes
- Crackers and school snacks such as single-serve applesauce, granola and breakfast bars, etc.
- Rice and rice mixes
- Meal-in-a-Box and Hamburger Helper
Canned/jar food such as:
- Soup (hearty, meal-style soups preferred)
- Canned pasta (ravioli, lasagna, etc.) and chili
- Canned fruit in natural juices
- Pasta sauce
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Canned vegetables and beans, including low sodium
Toiletries such as:
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Feminine hygiene products
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Shaving cream, deodorant and other toiletries
- Shampoo and soap
- Band-Aids and Neosporin
- Diapers, baby food, and unopened formula
- Cleaning supplies such as:
- Bleach and laundry detergent
- Dish detergent
- Sponges, Soft Scrub, all-purpose sprays