All NHCO Offices are closed to the public.
In order to ensure the safety and well-being of staff, volunteers, and the families and individuals that we serve, our office are closed. NHCO’s number one priority is to continue to support those in our community who need assistance at this time. Out staff will continue to work remotely to answer calls and emails from those who need assistance. We anticipate a high volume of calls during this time, so we appreciate your patience as we do our best to get back to you in a timely manner.
If you are in need of assistance, please call 412-487-6316 or email email@example.com
To those of you who have reached out about ways to support North Hills Community Outreach during this time, we appreciate your kindness and consideration. Our community is going to need extra resources and support as a result of this crisis, and we are so happy that you all want to help.
However, for the safety of those we serve we ask that anyone with an in-kind donation to please donate only during designated donation times listed, or have donations shipped straight to our Allison Park office.
We are not accepting any food donations at this time due to the increased risk in our area. We will accept financial donations and gift cards only until further notice.
Please visit NHCO.org/Donate to make a secure online donation.
- Food Pantries
April 7, 5pm-7pm, Allison Park
April 15, 10am-1pm, Millvale
April 23, 5pm-7pm, North Boroughs
April 28, 11am-1pm, Allison Park
All others are on hold until further notice.
If you need of emergency food, please call 412-487-6316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Tax Prep Program – Services will be suspended at its Millvale and North Boroughs Volunteer Income Tax Assistance site locations NHCO hopes to reopen its tax sites in the coming weeks. We will continue to monitor and follow advice from State and County Health Depts. Anyone with an appointment scheduled during the closure will be contacted by NHCO to reschedule once the program has a confirmed reopening date. If you have questions or concerns regarding Free Tax Prep please call 412-408-3830
- Free Rides For Seniors – In order to ensure the safety of the seniors we serve, we have suspended our FRFS shuttles. If you have any questions or concerns please call 412-449-0151.
- In Service of Seniors – Already scheduled ISOS rides are being handled on a case by case basis. Ride scheduling for future appointments is suspended until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns please call 412-307-0069.
- Ask The Attorney – All appointments will be held via telephone. Anyone with an appointment scheduled during the closure will be contacted by NHCO for instruction. If you have questions or concerns about your existing Ask The Attorney appointment please call 412-408-3830.
Those interested in volunteering; To ensure your safety, and the safety of others, NHCO is trying to do as much as possible for the community while utilizing a minimal amount of people to do so. We are not accepting new volunteers at this time in order to properly practice social distancing.
Ordering these items from Amazon and having them shipped to us is the safest way to donate.
Urgently needed items:
- Plastic, paper and re-usable grocery bags.
- Snacks such as granola bars, nutrigrain bars, and crackers.
- Fruit juice
- Canned mixed fruit (cocktail), peaches, pears, mandarin oranges
- Canned carrots, potatoes, baked beans
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Side dishes such as; rice-a-roni and instant mashed potatoes
- Hamburger/tuna/chicken helper boxes
- Toilet paper
- Gallon ziplock bags
- Paper towels
- The DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon – Our marathon charity runners are now Virtual Charity Runners. They’ll still run, but at a time and place that they choose. Here’s a list of NHCO Virtual Charity Runners that you can support.
- Highmark Walk to Healthy Community will now be an online fundraiser and virtual walk only. You can still support a virtual walker or sign up as a virtual walker to support NHCO