Bookkeeper – Disbursements
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Financial bookkeeping
- NHCO’s donor database tracking and reporting
- Supervision of operations data entry volunteers
- Keeping and reconciling financial records, including the general ledger and supporting Excel sheets
- Payment processing, both standard bills and internal payment requests – includes monitoring signature authority, assuring appropriate support materials, coding and preparing checks for signature and distribution
- Administration of the vendor list and W9 files; production and review of the 1099’s required by the IRS
- Support for preparing monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements including reconciliation of payables and restricted funds
- All recordkeeping and reporting associated with Salvation Army accounts
- Coding, processing and reconciling all in-kind donations
- Supervising, training, scheduling and retention of operations data entry volunteers
- Acting as a member of the Operations team and providing backup of Staff Accountant
- Other duties as assigned
Full-time, non-exempt, 30-34 hours per week
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Evenings and weekends as needed to fulfill assigned duties
Education: Associate degree preferred; will accept four years of directly related experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and accounting software required. Experience with DonorPerfect a plus.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks with strict deadlines with ease and professionalism
- Normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports
- Eye-hand coordination and ability to operate calculator, computer keyboard, printer, copier and other office equipment
- Prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 40 pounds
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English.
Interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Position will remain open until the right candidate is identified.
This opening was posted November 5, 2019
NHCO is Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to submit your resume for NHCO to keep on file, you may email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
North Hills Community Outreach
1975 Ferguson Road
Allison Park, PA 15101
Thank you for your interest in working at North Hills Community Outreach.
If you have submitted your resume and there are no job openings at this time, we will keep your resume on file for one year.
If you have submitted your resume and there is a job opening, your resume will be forwarded to the appropriate hiring manager, who will review all resumes and applications. If you are chosen to continue in the selection process, we will contact you to set up an interview.