Upcoming Volunteer Orientations
Check our calendar for 2017 NHCO Volunteer Orientations and In Service of Seniors Volunteer Orientation & Information Sessions.
PLEASE NOTE: We urgently need volunteer drivers for our Free Rides for Seniors shuttles in the Route 28 corridor. No special license is needed, shifts are short, and we will train! Please contact Kerry or Tracy for more information at 412-449-0151.
We also need volunteers to match with seniors for our In Service of Seniors program. For more information or to register, click here.
Volunteer Opportunities at NHCO
Volunteering for NHCO is mission focused: every opportunity is meant to help someone in need, either directly or indirectly.
Below is a list of areas where volunteers often provide their services. Please note that not every area or opportunity will be available at the time of your inquiry. If a specific volunteer opportunity or time is not available for you, we will try to suggest other organizations that might be a better fit.
- General volunteering: Please contact NHCO Volunteer Coordinator Harriet Klatte at 412-408-3830 x 3204 for more information or to volunteer.
- Garden and Youth volunteers: Please contact Alyssa Crawford at 412-307-0069 x 3311.
- Our In Service of Seniors and Free Rides for Seniors programs always need volunteers. Register here, or contact Nancy Jones at 412-307-0069 x 3321.
- Special events and fundraisers
- Senior Programs
- Garden and Groundskeeping
- Office Support
- Food Pantry