Spring Dinner Food Collection
North Hills Community Outreach collects food items to make a complete Spring Dinner to give to each of the families who use our pantries.
Please bring items to NHCO Allison Park or NHCO North Boroughs, Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm, or call 412-487-6316 for alternate arrangements.
Here is complete list of items needed: (Distribution date changes each year. Collection is generally January through mid-March).
- Jar of applesauce
- Can of fruit cocktail or pineapple: slices or chunks
- Box of instant potatoes: mashed or scalloped
- Package of “brown and serve” dinner rolls* or biscuit mix
- Pound of butter or margarine*
*We have a walk-in freezer to store these items until the pantry distribution.
Families will also receive a canned vegetable, a dessert mix and a grocery gift card so they can purchase a ham, chicken or other item to round out their meal.
Click here for a downloadable PDF flier.
Please note that our offices are open 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday.
- Occasionally we have extra donation hours on a Saturday morning or a weekday evening. Please call 412-487-6316 opt 1 to ask about special donation hours.
- You may also call to arrange a special drop off time on an evening or on a weekend.
- There are also several other community locations that accept donations for NHCO.
We respectfully request that items not be left outside due to potential damage from weather, animals and insects.