“Thank you so much for your help in acquiring transportation to my surgery. Your help was invaluable and my volunteer driver was so gracious and kind.”
– A McCandless senior who was paired with volunteer through Open Your Heart to a Senior.
NHCO is proud to be a lead partner for Open Your Heart to a Senior, a United Way initiative that recruits volunteers across our region to help seniors remain safe and independent in their homes. With funding from the United Way of Allegheny County and in partnership with Family Services of Western PA and several other area organizations, volunteers can truly make a difference in the lives of local seniors.
Are you interested in helping a local senior remain safe and independent at home? Volunteers can help with simple tasks such as:
- Taking a senior grocery shopping or bringing their list with you when you do your shopping
- Driving someone to a medical appointment or worship service
- Visiting or calling to make sure a senior is safe and preventing isolation
- Shoveling snow or raking leaves
- Delivering Meals on Wheels
- Helping with Senior Center activities
- Assisting with Benefits/Payee services
For more information or to register, please email email@example.com or call 2-1-1.