Here are some real needs of seniors (names are changed) who can use your help RIGHT NOW in various neighborhoods. For more information, contact Cathy at 412-307-0069 x 3313 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Click here for more information on Open Your Heart to a Senior.
– Sandy of McCandless of will need weekly transportation Tuesdays or Thursdays around 12:30pm.
– Susan of Glenshaw needs someone to sit with her so her husband is able to get out.
– Audrey of Ross Township will need a volunteer for a weekly shopping trip to the Giant Eagle in McIntyre in the morning.
– A volunteer is needed once a month to deliver food from the Loaves and Fishes pantry in Allison Park to a care-receiver in Hampton on Tuesdays only.
– Frank of Ross is requesting a volunteer to visit with him. He is a avid sportsman, likes to play Gin Rummy and other card/board games and is a Vet. Frank has a heart condition, is on oxygen and has COPD, so he is mostly homebound.