URGENT MESSAGE: Woman making scam calls using NHCO’s name
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Dear valued NHCO supporter:
We had a report today that a woman claiming to be from North Hills Community Outreach is calling people and soliciting donations “for children.” We were alerted by a regular donor who received a call from the woman, who used abusive language with the man when he said he couldn’t donate at this time.
If you receive a call from this woman or anyone else that you suspect might be using NHCO’s name to solicit donations, please DO NOT send money. DO NOT give your credit card number.
- If you are able to get any information, such as an address or phone number, please send that information to us immediately.
- Also, please call your local police. NHCO is reporting the incident as well.
Please keep these points in mind.
- NHCO volunteers only make phone calls to request donations twice a year, during early spring and mid-fall phone campaigns. This year’s spring phone campaign is April 3-5.
- We only call donors who have given to NHCO in the past. Our callers are typically NHCO board members or dedicated volunteers who are friendly and courteous. They do not pressure donors to make a donation.
- If you receive a mailing from NHCO, it will come in an envelope with our green logo on the outside. The enclosed remittance envelope will have our address of 1975 Ferguson Road, Allison Park , PA 15101.
- We do have a female volunteer who sometimes makes THANK YOU phone calls throughout the year. She calls to thank donors for financial donations and she DOES NOT request further donations at that time.
Now in its 3oth year of helping people in crisis, hardship and poverty, North Hills Community Outreach serves thousands of families a year. We rely on the kindness and generosity of the community to ensure our families receive free, compassionate, effective care.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our main office at 412-487-6316 opt 1 or email email@example.com. We are sincerely grateful for your support and value your commitment to helping families in need.
North Hills Community Outreach